5/22/2008

Love/Hate relationship with the "As" in software





I swear these Cooperations are going to take over the world and/or ruin it:

I love and use these company's softwares, but at the same time I hate them and never know what to expect:

Apple - even if you don't own a Mac, almost everyone has Itunes. It is easy and convenient. Come on, it just passed Walmart in Music sales! That is kick-butt. But the Apple software updater on my computer wants me to but Safari on my computer...I do not own a Mac, and I don't want Safari. Also Itunes takes up a lot of RAM and memory, so it can be difficult to leave open if you are running several programs or doing something else that requires RAM.

Adobe - I love my Adobe and all my software (Cs3, other web building/designing software) - it is great. But sometimes it kills my computer. Adobe has weird cookies and hidden programs running in the background randomly and sometimes these strange Adobe files disable other Microsoft or Apple software from working properly. Then when I turn off the computer the Adobe files are exposed (Program still running "CAP"- or whatever it is)

American Online - No I do not even have an account with American Online, but like many Americans (lol) I have AIM (American Online Instant Messenger). The recent editions of AIM have actually been pretty good and have not interfered much with my computer, but this is not always been the case. Some days AIM will just decide not to work at all. By the way AIM and AOL are owned by Time Warner - who really is taking over the world.

I am surprised that they all start with "A" but maybe I shouldn't be. maybe the "A" is a curse, in that case I (Alex) am in trouble.