8/20/2008

Complete Rest in God's Will?

I was reading "My Utmost for His Highest" as I do daily today...and got me thinking:

Here is an excerpt (read the full devo by clicking link above:)

"The child of God is not conscious of the will of God because he is the will of God. When there has been the slightest deviation from the will of God, we begin to ask - What is Thy will? A child of God never prays to be conscious that God answers prayer, he is so restfully certain that God always does answer prayer."

Oswald Chambers makes a good point here...that in God's will we do find rest. We should rest in God and be assured that he answers prayer.....

My thoughts though are this:
Is it so bad to be asking God, 'What is Thy Will?'
Is that really bad when we are conscious of God's will...
aren't we suppose to be on our feet and looking out for God's will everyday?

I think there is an extreme that could take place if you are too "rested" in God's will that you miss the obvious callings of God. What I mean is that there is a certain level of consciousness that we need to have. An active faith.

We need to avoid a lazy faith. And like I said a lazy faith is an EXTREME. You really are not finding rest IN GOD if you are being lazy....(but I am on a rant here.)