10/30/2008

Emery's new EP

Emery - While Broken Hearts Prevail by em0rix.
While Broken Hearts Prevail EP

What I dislike: Screaming (a little too much for me) on some of the tracks. I know that many hardcore fans love the screaming and remind them of "the older days." I am not going to sit here and say that this EP is more like going back to the roots of "Old school" Emery. It is a good EP, but Emery is a progress band. Every album is a little different.

What I am neutral to: The theme of the album. Break-up, Girls, new beginnings. Great Emery songs are typically about girls. Emery album themes are usually related as well to such things like girls, break-ups, sex, etc. It gets a little old, but the songs are still great.

What I like:
1. harmonies in singing, not screaming.
2. The synth/keyboard background
3. "Thoughtlife" both versions! The original version reminds me of Relient K, strangely enough.
4. "Do the Things (You Want)

What I love: "Edge of the World."