11/10/2008

theories of eschatology


This chart you may have seen before it is on Wikipedia.

A lot of my friends are baptist and they believe in the notion of pre-tribulation dispensational premillennialism. - yeah the longest, most confusing title...and it actually is one of the more complex and confusing theories too! Are you familiar with the Left Behind books by Tim LeHaye. well those books portray this theory.

I have been studying the end times or eschatology with the help of apologetics.com and some theology books. I am still not sure where exactly I stand, but I have found problems with the pre-tribulation dispensational premillennialism. And am not a follower of that theory.

I also struggle to believe the symbolic millennailism or amillennialism. Basically, it suggests that number of years in Revelation 20 is a symbolic number, not a literal description; that the millennium has already begun and is identical with the church age. And Christ could return at any moment.