7/05/2009

Will God answer your prayer to make life easier?

<>Only 2 times in New Testament (that I know of) did someone ask God to make life easier…both times God said NO!

<>The first and primary example is of Jesus. Matthew 26:39 "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will." The Lord Jesus Christ asks God the Father if there is another way to fulfill His Will right before he is betrayed by Judas and captured to be crucified for our sins. There was no other way. The cup would not pass from Christ.

The second example is of Paul. In 2 Cor. 12, Paul explains how he asked God to remove a thorn from his side three times. Yet, God said no. God said, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”
<>

In American culture we are determined to get what we want when we want it. We are determined to pray for our the easiest life possible. This is not always what God wants.