6/19/2008

Narnia review

I saw Narnia a couple of weeks ago. I thought the movie itself was pretty good. Nice effects, cool digital features, good background music and just a fun movie in general.

The movie was of course a little-watered down and condensed, which you almost expect from Hollywood today. I was glad that Narnia made it to the big screen though.

Awkward situation: Aslan says to Lucy in a dream..."I grow as you grow..." After Lucy says "You are bigger than I remember..."

This is not how C.S. Lewis dialogues this conversation in the book. It was frustrating that they did not take the extra minuet or two it would have taken to get that particular conversation correct.

I can relate to Peter...it would be tough to go from being a respected aged high king in Narnia
and then have to go back to real life and deal with real people.

I am in awe of CS Lewis and his imagination whenever I pick up a Narnian book. And in this movie that sense of creativity was displayed.