9/10/2008

compartamentalization is bad

How often I catch myself doing this!!!

I organize my "to do list" and I have my employment related tasks, my University related tasks, taking care of me/myself, family, social events, and my church related tasks, and somewhere in there I know I need to spend time with God.

You know? I give him maybe 30 min.s to an hour in the beginning of the day and then that is it...

I get so caught up in the flow of life, marking off my things to do, that I use that mentality to my own personal walk with God. And when I do this, my walk with God suffers.

On these days, God is just a brief section of a day that centers around ME.

I got my God section of life, my blog section, my guitar time, my reading portion, my sleeping hours, and my personal down time....you get the idea!

And it should not be this way. The center needs to be God. When God is my center. EVERYTHING flows much smoother. There is peace. There is a strong relationship and their is communication through-out the day between a loving Creator and His son! Ah!