10/13/2008

New Surrender- Anberlin

Go to fullsize image
I got the new album and I love it. It is really catchy.
At first I was thinking that some of the songs are a little harder/darker than their last album, but that is not really true the more I think about it. Anberlin has always had those tough songs that make you think on all of their previous albums. They are always catchy and stick with you even if they are a little dark.
Although not all of the songs are that way. Some of the songs in New Surrender are really upbeat and happy.
I hear a little bit of Relient K, Coldplay, classic/orginal Anberlin, and Switchfoot in this album.

My two favorite songs right now are: Burn out brighter and Haight Street
But I do not dislike any of them.
And I have a great appreciation for the cleverness of the song Breaking.

Check out the album on Youtube or Myspace - but definitely purchase the album too!